BLOG - ABOUT - BANDS - CONTACT - SUBSCRIBE - TWITTER 

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Oasis Remixed For Dig Out Your Soul

The long-awaited Oasis album Dig Out Your Soul, has finally been released. After its decline in popularity, many long-time fans are glad to hear that Oasis is back. With a psychedelic cover that matches the 60's retro feel of the album, Dig Out Your Soul is already directly behind Coldplay's Viva La Vida, as the most popular album of 2008 in Britain. Guitarist Noel Gallagher gives his views on the album for NME - "All the tunes I've written recently have been on the kind of acoustic side, you know? But for the next record I really fancy doing a record where we just completely throw the kitchen sink at it, we haven't done that since Be Here Now. I'd like to get, like, a 100-piece orchestra and choirs and all that stuff. I think since Standing on the Shoulder of Giants we've been trying to prove a point of just bass, drums, guitar and vocals and nothing fancy. But I kind of like fancy! I'd like to make an absolutely fucking colossal album. You know? Like literally two orchestras, stuff like that."

However, Oasis hasn't been the only one working on the songs for the album. The Chemical Brothers, the electronica duo behind We Are The Night and Push The Button released their remix to Falling Down in September as a B-side to the album and the first, official Oasis remix. Primal Scream cohort and Reverend And The Makers producer Jagz Kooner, has also remixed The Turning and the pre-released album single, The Shock Of The Lightning, which is available on the Dig Out Your Soul Box Set along with Richard Fearless's (right) To Be Where There's Life remix. 

It seems so far, that Oasis has restored itself to the way it once was. Not only has it returned to its stripped-down rock roots, but it is once more an unpredictable band. In a good way.

3 comments:

Double Hawk said...

My thing right now is Oasis. I noticed the Ray Lamontagne thing, I saw him on LATER a while ago. It's one with Interpol and Bloc Party. I took me forever to realize where I've seen him before! (He performed one song)

chrome3d said...

That cover sure looks funny and unpredictable. I like that.

dianasfaria.com said...

I don't know if I have ever heard Oasis. Now you have piqued my interest.